Hi, I’m sharing IIT Mandi MS Electrical Engineering Interview Questions and my experience. Hope this will help you with your preparation.
I got selected for the interview through the GATE. IIT Mandi is one of the best IITs for M.Tech for EE specialization.
(If you are preparing for EE GATE and serious about it, follow the proper GATE strategy shared by the toppers (AIR 5))
IIT Mandi MS Electrical Engineering Interview Questions
As I remember, following were the questions asked. Going through these questions, you will also learn how to prepare for MS interview.
- What is the resistance between the primary and secondary windings of the transformer?
Answer: Read about the primary and secondary windings of the transformer.
- What is the torque slip characteristics of an induction motor?
- Why IGBT and MOSFET are used in inverters?
- What is the Ferranti effect? What should we do to reduce the Ferranti effect.? Why the Ferranti effect occurs?
- What are boundary conditions?
- Tell us about the KCL, KVL, and ohms laws and their practical applications.
Answer: Kirchhof’s (KCL & KVL Laws) and Ohm’s Law
- What happens to impedance in resonance in series RLC circuit?
- What is Tellegen’s theorem?
- Why inductor does not allow the sudden change in current?
- What is the meaning of resonance in networks?
- Definition of the buck-boost converter.
- Under what condition we can obtain ohms law from Maxwell equations.
- What will happen, if the slip condition at generating mode, the motoring mode, and the braking mode of the induction motor?
- What is the difference between the induction and synchronous motor?
- When the output current is constant, what is the output voltage and current waveform of a single-phase full-wave rectifier?
- When the output voltage is constant, what is the output voltage and current waveform of a single-phase full-wave rectifier?
- What should we do to run an induction motor as an induction generator?
- If we take a supply angle other than 120° keeping the space angle at 120°, then we can generate a rotating magnetic field? Why or why not.
- If the inductor is connected to a switch in series, then what happened when we suddenly turn off the switch?
I’m waiting for the interview result. The final selection for admission entirely depends on the interview performance. If you get the call for an interview, give your best.
All the best!
There are a lot of opportunities if you crack the GATE with a good score. You can also apply for different PSUs like BARC, ONGC, IOCL, Power Grid, and many more. Read related questions asked in different interviews through the GATE.
- BARC Interview Questions through GATE (AIR 62)
- ONGC Interview Experience through GATE
- IOCL Interview Questions for Electrical Engineering
- Power Grid Interview Experience (GATE AIR 347)
Editors’ Note: This interview experience and questions for MS in IIT Mandi are shared by the candidate. We wish him all the best for his bright future.
If You Appreciate What I Do Here On DipsLab, You Should Consider:
DipsLab is the fastest growing and most trusted community site for Electrical and Electronics Engineers. All the published articles are available FREELY to all.
If you like what you are reading, please consider buying me a coffee ( or 2 ) as a token of appreciation.
This will help me to continue my services and pay the bills.
I’m thankful for your never-ending support.
I have completed master in Electrical Power System. I work and write technical tutorials on the PLC, MATLAB programming, and Electrical on DipsLab.com portal.
Sharing my knowledge on this blog makes me happy. And sometimes I delve in Python programming.