To give you a brief about me. I am Sanjay Goshe. I’m sharing my Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited [BHEL] interview experience.
Earlier I have completed B.Tech. from Indira Gandhi Institute Of Technology [IGIT], Sarang. I come from an Electrical Engineering background.
I secured 72.67 marks with AIR 197 in GATE Electrical Exam. Through this, I got selected for BHEL interview.
Today, I am sharing BHEL interview questions with you, so that it will help you with your BHEL preparation.
I have attended BHEL interview in Delhi.
BHEL Interview Experience
I asked, “May I come in sir?”
“Yes, take your seat”, they replied.
Greeted them with a smile, ” A very good afternoon Sir.”
They started by asking some casual questions.
- Tell me something about Balasore.
I shared important points about the city.
- How much land you have in your village?
- What are the crops your father harvests?
I literally did not expect these questions. Enjoyed it though.
- Why did you leave TCS and join BSNL?
I had left the TCS to join BSNL earlier. So they asked me this question. And I explained.
- Why BHEL?
This is the most common question you will be asked. So prepare for it. I explained.
- What was your final year project?
Took some time and replied something related to PV cells, but I forgot sir. ( Seriously! I did not expect this question)
BHEL Interview Questions | Technical Round
Then he started asking some technical questions from electrical engineering.
- How much voltage a single PV cell can generate?
- Which battery use in the solar plant?
I answered wrongly.
- How can we increase the efficiency of AC machines?
You have to explain it briefly.
- If the area of cross-section is increased, how it will affect to eddy current loss?
- How can we reduce winding resistance?
I answered this question wrong.
- Why copper why not aluminum?
- BHEL is diversifying towards what?
You should always be updated with BHEL activities.
- What is the target of the national solar mission by 2022?
- Would you like to visit any location of BHEL?
No, I only prefer BHEL Kolkata.
After they asked me to leave.
Said “Thank you, sir” and left.
Finally, I got selected in BHEL.
Other Interview Questions shared by candidates:
Editor’s Note: These technical BHEL interview questions and experience are shared by Sanjay Goshe. I wish him all the best for his future.
If you have any query, feel free to ask in a comment section.
I am a master in Electrical Power System. I work and write technical tutorials on the PLC, MATLAB programming, and Electrical on DipsLab.com portal.
Sharing my knowledge on this blog makes me happy. And Sometimes I dwell on Python programming.