In earlier articles, we have studied about the-
In this article, we will study the advantages and disadvantages of the ammeter.
Advanatges (or Pros) of Ammeter
- An ammeter is a handheld and portable equipment that can easily transport from place to place.
- It gives more accuracy while measuring the electric current in the circuit.
- This instrument is very useful for both alternating current and direct current measurements.
- There is no require a magnetic field to working of the ammeter.
- The permanent magnet moving coil (PMMC) type ammeter has low power consumption as compared to other ammeters.
Disadvantages (or Cons) of Ammeter
- The ammeter can not be stored the data.
- Sometimes, this measuring instrument can not detect the strength and direction of the small current in the electric circuit. So, instead of the ammeter using, the galvanometer is widely used.
- The sensitivity of the ammeter is less compared to the galvanometer.
- In PMMC, heating and vibrating effects mainly occur. So, find errors or reduce the magnetic strength.
These are the basic advantages and disadvantages of the ammeter. Also, it covers uses of the both instrument.
If you have queries or points to add to the ammeter, write down the given comment.
Read more related articles:
- Classification of electrical measuring instruments
- Analog signal vs Digital signal
- Analog multimeter vs Digital multimeter
- Pulse Oximeter
- Substation components
- Overhead components
Thanks for reading!
I have completed master in Electrical Power System. I work and write technical tutorials on the PLC, MATLAB programming, and Electrical on DipsLab.com portal.
Sharing my knowledge on this blog makes me happy. And sometimes I delve in Python programming.