Step by step to learn how to reinstall the graphics driver.
It is very beneficial to know how to reinstall the graphics driver on your computer device, because it is one of the solutions that you do it, when the computer device runs slowly so that in this article we will explain for you how to reinstall the graphics driver on computer device step by step, if you want to know that you should follow reading this article to the end.
How to reinstall the graphics driver?
When we talk about how to reinstall the graphics driver on the computer device, you need two essential steps.
The first step is to Uninstall the graphics driver, and the second one is to Install a new graphics driver.
Don’t worry, we will explain all both steps in detail in the following paragraphs. And after you finish the process of uninstalling the graphics driver, directly you can move to the second step and install it again.
How to uninstall the graphics driver on the computer?
The process how to uninstall the graphics driver is possible via Device Manager, only follow these steps:
- Press the keys (Win+R) together to invoke the Run box.
- Open the “Device Manager” window, by Write “devmgmt.msc” and press “Enter”.
- Double-click Display adapters, will show the devices in the category.
- Right-click on the graphics card name.
- Select the “Uninstall device” option.
- On the dialog box of Uninstall confirm dialog box, click the option “Delete the driver software for this device”.
- After that, click “Uninstall”.
How to install a new graphics driver on computer?
Including talking about how to reinstall the graphics driver on the computer, we three methods to reinstall the driver.
The first method is to download and install a new driver from the graphics card manufacturer.
To do it with the correct form, it’s necessary to know the model of your graphics card and the version of the operating system.
But, this option isn’t recommended, you can do one of the two following ways.
Allow Windows to install the graphics driver automatically
This is a very simple method, you just need to reboot the computer after uninstalling the driver.
After that, windows will start automatically to install the driver from Windows Update.
But this way may not introduce for you to the latest version of the graphics driver. As result, if the performance of your computer is still slow even after you have the new graphics driver, we recommend you to try the way in the next paragraph.
Reinstall the graphics driver with Driver Easy
This way will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers.
It protects your system from happening any mistakes when installing, only follow these steps:
- First download and install “Driver Easy”.
- Run it and click “Scan Now”, to detect driver problems.
- Click “Update”, next to a flagged graphics driver to download the correct version of this driver automatically, then install it manually.
- Or click “Update All” to download and install the correct version to all missing drivers automatically.
It is worth mentioning that, how to reinstall the graphics driver on a computer is an easy process, and you can do it, even if you don’t have much of skills in the computer.
I’m an automation and computer engineer, researcher, and writer of technical and engineering articles on technical issues and electrical and electronic devices.